October 22, 2020, 03:37:00 PM

Author Topic: H-BOT LocMon FREE Eve Online Bot  (Read 60231 times)

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
H-BOT LocMon FREE Eve Online Bot
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »
  Use this small utility to monitor you local channel for hostiles. There are times when you have to go semi-afk or you just are too sleepy or too tired to have your eyes on local channel all the time. H-Bot LocMon will sit in background and monitor the local channel of EVE. It displays the total number of pilots in solar system, the number of friendlies and hostiles. On hostiles there are options to just alert with a sound or exit EVE after some seconds. You can stop the utility at any moment by pressing the [stop bot] button.

Before using H-Bot LocMon you have to do some basic settings in eve.
1. Go to general settngs tab and change settings to match the bellow picture

2. Open overview settings and go to APPEARANCE->COLORTAG and move the blue plus boxes (positive standings) to top and uncheck gang, corporation and alliance colortags. Also set standings to your corporation to positive. You can do that from people and places window. Find your corporation->set standings. Set it to positive.
3. Local channel should be unpinned (non transparent)

Thats it!

Upload Date: 16-10-2012
DOWNLOAD Latest version!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:36:48 AM by H-BOT »

Offline Sutekh

• H-BOT members
Re: H-BOT LocMon Intro & Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:38:50 AM »
Where is the download for this?

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »

Offline oxmox

• H-BOT members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
Hi,

it works realy fine. One question... what setting are right, if i want that only red are detectet? I am in a system, with neuts and blues. We live with the neuts als friends in 0.0. And is it possible to set the max. local to 15?

Thx
oxmox

P.S.
This tool is very very nice :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:01:29 PM by oxmox »

Offline oxmox

• H-BOT members
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »
Hi,

i dont know wy, but i have little problems to find the right settings. Now every people are detected as a hostile.

Can u please a look to my screenshoots?

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=localbotuh7.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=localbot2uu7.jpg

Thx
oxmox

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »
  LocMon can't tell what's happening bellow the visible part of local, because it doesn't scroll the local channel. So it can't be used in a system with so many pilots. To maximize the local channel height change resolution to the max resolution you monitor can show.

About the neutrals considered as hostiles, I'll add a checkbox or something to let ppl configure how they wan't them to be treated.

Offline oxmox

• H-BOT members
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 01:28:24 PM »
Thx.
Is it possible that the local mon dont stop monitoring local until the X button would be clicked.

At the moment, the local mon tool are working pretty good and close eve if any hostile are detected. But if eve starting again, the hostiles are not detectet. You have to click the autoconfig button first... Is it possible, that the local mon tool are monitoring again, if eve is restarting?

Greetings
oxmox

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 01:41:02 PM »
Thx.
Is it possible that the local mon dont stop monitoring local until the X button would be clicked.

At the moment, the local mon tool are working pretty good and close eve if any hostile are detected. But if eve starting again, the hostiles are not detectet. You have to click the autoconfig button first... Is it possible, that the local mon tool are monitoring again, if eve is restarting?

Greetings
oxmox
That's actually not possible cause once eve is closed the link (c++ windows handle) to the eve window is lost, so autoconfig must be pressed again.

Offline smirgol

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 02:17:41 AM »
works like a charm to me.
but, pleeaase, could you add an option for counting neutrals as non-hostile? ;)

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:33:21 AM by smirgol »

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 01:32:44 AM »
Version 1.1 is out.

Offline Rellin

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 11:16:11 PM »
Hello,

I just downloaded this demo as I am thinking about getting H-Bot Hunter and wanted to see how things work.  Anyway, does this demo still work?  I keep failing on autoconfig and I believe I have everything setup the way it is mentioned in the guide above.

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »
Hello,

I just downloaded this demo as I am thinking about getting H-Bot Hunter and wanted to see how things work.  Anyway, does this demo still work?  I keep failing on autoconfig and I believe I have everything setup the way it is mentioned in the guide above.
which demo? If you are talking about LocMon it's full working free utility. If you are talking about Npc Hunter you are in wrong topic. Anyway all bots available for download work so if you are having any difficulties describe in more detailes and if possible send a screenshot. Delete personal info like char name from the screenshot.

Offline Rellin

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
Hello,

which demo? If you are talking about LocMon it's full working free utility. If you are talking about Npc Hunter you are in wrong topic. Anyway all bots available for download work so if you are having any difficulties describe in more detailes and if possible send a screenshot. Delete personal info like char name from the screenshot.

Hi,  Yes I am talking about the LocMon Demo.  I have setup my screen colors to match the sample above.  I have unpinned my local window.  I have unchecked the proper standings icons.  After all that was done, I click "autoconfig" it brings up Eve and sits there.  Eventually I alt-tab to go check the LocMon program, and when it comes up it says "Autoconfig Failed!".  I will post screenshots later and maybe that will be enough to point out what I have done wrong.

Offline Nigil

• H-BOT members
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
Yes I can not get this to work either, just says auto config failed after I changed all the settings as requested.

Offline Gooseman

• H-BOT members
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 05:38:35 PM »
Is this no longer available?

Didn't see a link in the op.

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »

Offline GaMEChld

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »
Is there a practical way to compensate for the instructions having us turn off the color tag for alliance members? Because I am in an area of space with lots of alliance members present, but with the color tag off, they all show up as neutral. I do not want to set the program to recognize neutrals as friendly though, because neutrals are enemies in this area. The only thing I have been able to do is make sure each individual in system is in the alliance, and then set each of their corps to positive standing. My alliance contains many corps, so setting all of them to positive would be time consuming. Is there a quick practical way to solve this?

Offline raptor

• H-BOT members
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
i use this setting in eve, but the program say: 'Autoconfig Fail!'.
what do I do badly?
-----------------------------
---edit---
i do. i need change my primary desktop. i use two monitor.

but i have a question. this app working with two monitor, if the eve window dont move to minimal size. i just looking a film the another monitor?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:20:31 PM by raptor »

Offline Big D

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 10:05:10 PM »
I have downloaded your program and I think it is a God send if only I could get it working...every time I try and use it it say's everyone in system in hostile even though they all show blue.

Attached is an image of my screen for your reference in trying to solve my dilemma.

Thanks ahead of time =)

p.s. I have moved all positive standings to the top of the overview settings though it changed nothing sadly.

Offline Shurdos

• H-BOT members
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
Make fix Tyrannis 1.1 please :)