October 28, 2021, 05:19:12 PM

Author Topic: question about HBOT detection  (Read 3826 times)

Offline czakalaka

• H-BOT members
question about HBOT detection
« on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »
I understand that HBOT is rather safe program to use as it does not modify anything and just interpretes what it "sees" on the screen and uses mouse clicks. But what about mouse clicks in particular ? Does it use random intervals ? becouse if not ... its not safe at all as someone can just check how regularly or fast you click ... If for example he sees in the logs that you have clicked the mouse 3 times in exactly same intervals (for example 3,5 miliseconds) he can be 100% sure you are using a bot. So how about that ?

I have been a game master once on an private MMORPG game server and that was my favorite 100% sure method of checking if someone was botting. Even had a program which checked the logs for same intervals or regularities in mouse movements or clicking...

I would be happy to buy it but if random intervals are not implemented its not safe enough ...

PS: One more thing. Do you have to run HBOT after loging into the game or BEFOR E ? (this is also impotant for password security reasons)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:33:30 PM by czakalaka »

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
Re: question about HBOT detection
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »
I understand that HBOT is rather safe program to use as it does not modify anything and just interpretes what it "sees" on the screen and uses mouse clicks. But what about mouse clicks in particular ? Does it use random intervals ? becouse if not ... its not safe at all as someone can just check how regularly or fast you click ... If for example he sees in the logs that you have clicked the mouse 3 times in exactly same intervals (for example 3,5 miliseconds) he can be 100% sure you are using a bot. So how about that ?

I have been a game master once on an private MMORPG game server and that was my favorite 100% sure method of checking if someone was botting. Even had a program which checked the logs for same intervals or regularities in mouse movements or clicking...

I would be happy to buy it but if random intervals are not implemented its not safe enough ...

PS: One more thing. Do you have to run HBOT after loging into the game or BEFOR E ? (this is also impotant for password security reasons)

Almost every coordinate of mouse positioning have a random pixels offset. When it's sensitive its 0-3 pixels and when not its 0-25 pixels offset. The step timer that triggers all the actions performed has also a random offset of 0-500 milliseconds. So when you configure your step timer to lets say 2000 its actually randomly altered between 2000 and 2500 ms.

You can be logged to eve and then run h-bot hunter. H-Bot login system has nothing to do with your eve account.

Offline czakalaka

• H-BOT members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:05:09 PM »
Thank you for your answer. Sounds even more interesting now !

One more thing though:

When will you implement spawn chaining ? My corp mates will tear my head off my shoulders with bare hands if i start killing everything i find on belts :)

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18:26 PM »
ETA for version 1.6 (with spawn chaining and more) is 3 weeks