December 07, 2021, 07:54:20 AM

Author Topic: Could this be a problem?  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Retaliation

• H-BOT members
Could this be a problem?
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »
Hah seems like i have so many questions ^^

So I got chaining working (yay) and moved myself to a nicer 0.0 system for some juicy rats when someone pops up in local

Hostile player: youre cloaked? ill stay in system all day and add you to my address book'

Surely now he can see WHENEVER i am online even if i move systems to get away from him and he will be able to tell i use a macro?

I am hoping there is a way to stop people seeing if you are online (blocking doesnt seem to do this)

Any advice? I've been running h-bot for less than 24 hours and i dont want this to be the end of it :(

Offline oddjobmj

• H-BOT members
Re: Could this be a problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
If a hostile player is sitting in system cloaked it's because he's trying to get you to ignore him just like you are.

I don't know about how he can see you online and how to stop it, but I suggest not ignoring him to begin with.

Offline Retaliation

• H-BOT members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »
If a hostile player is sitting in system cloaked it's because he's trying to get you to ignore him just like you are.

I don't know about how he can see you online and how to stop it, but I suggest not ignoring him to begin with.

Ah im not ignoring him he was the only person to appear and i had to leave in the end

im just hoping he wont follow me about :(

Offline Marley

• H-BOT members
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »
These afk wars turn pretty brutal. Just make sure you dont log on for like a week and they will go away. My system has been camped for almost 4 months stright 23/7 now, I dont care I have plenty of isk and like a year worth of pos fuel and a year worth of plex.

Offline oddjobmj

• H-BOT members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:23 AM »
Or if you were able to make friends set up in another system and run the bot till you're engaged... then pop him.