October 28, 2021, 05:10:54 PM

Author Topic: FLYING SAFE!!!  (Read 3576 times)

Offline alanakko

• H-BOT members
FLYING SAFE!!!
« on: November 25, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
so i setup my ship and fly off to the lovely, asteroid belt loaded, empty low sec system i found , and set the bot going, watched it for an hour or so!!
everything is fine, someone enters local and i fly to the safe and cloak, jobs a good one!! (so i thought )

get up the next day and im podded eh? how can this be i wonder (must of just got lucky i think, and setup a new ship)  start again and its all good,
wake up next day and podded again wtf? (same moron aswell to add insult)

sod it i think, move to another system and  try again, same ship , same setup , same thing happens again!!!! anyhow the guy who podded me this time convo,s me and ask,s if he can have my killmail (CHEEKY GIT!!)  sure i says, if you answer me a few questions like HOW THE HELL DID YOU FIND ME?

he says he warped into a belt and i uncloaked in front of him, then just sat there!!

ok so i watch the bot for a bit longer this time and catch it at a crucial point,  i,m in a safe cloacked ,local empty,s and the bot starts again, turns on mods and warps to a new belt---   mid warp ,someone jumps into local ,  the bot trys to warp to a safe but its already warping!!  trys a few times then gives up, soon as i finish the warp to belt the bot cloaks me (thinking im in a safe spot!)  

anyone warping in would be bound to uncloak you,  this may be a very random occurance but non the less happend to me !!

MY SOLUTION IS THIS----

SET THE DEFUALT WARP TO BUTTON ON THE OVERVIEW TO YOUR MAX TARGET RANGE !!!! right click it!!
NEVER HAVE THE BOT WARP YOU TO WITHIN ZERO!!!
(nobody should ever be warping to the zero warp in point of a low sec belt anyway bot or actually playing)

I.E--
 my heavy missile can travel 75km before they miss target so i have my defualt warp to set at 80km (the rats will fly towards you)
with two sensor boosters on targeting them is no problem

if you get a mis-warp to safe and the bot ends up cloacking you at the belt , at least you will be x km away from the warp in,  should be safe!!!!

problem 2 i had is the damned warp scrambling frigates, if your warp scrammbled by a frigate then your open bait to anyone looking for you i.e
NO WARPING TO SAFE, AND NO CLOAKING!!!

so  open the overview and under the columns tab , select size!  then set the overview to size ascending  , ie small ships as primary targets!!

this way you will kill all the little warp scrammbling buggars first (out of thier scram range)  they die quicker and the big ships dont fly as fast as them
so no problem with them either!!

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS!!!!   FLY SAFE
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 11:01:46 PM by alanakko »

Offline H-BOT

• H-Bot dev
  • Administrator
Re: FLYING SAFE!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »
  Thanks for sharing this alanakko! I consider this behaviur as a bug and will fix it in version 1.2 
  Please post any bugs and problems here: http://reboot.gr/index.php?topic=12.0